Monday, October 13, 2008

Autumn is well and truly here...

Autumn to me is bittersweet. I find the nights drawing in rather depressing and when the clocks change is even worse, however all of that is somewhat forgotton with the gorgeous autumnal colours of the forest. These leaves were floating in the shallows of the river where Martha had her evening paddle.
And here's the girl herself! I usually shoot near water with my second body (a 400D which has a long strap so it can be safely slung around my body - much safer bending over to get sticks etc) with my 'walkabout zoom' a Tamron 28-75mm f2.8. it's a great all purpose lens but on this occasion I wanted to be able to fill the frame with Martha further out in the water, so I bravely stuck on my posh Canon 70-200mm (it's the f4 not the f2.8... my credit card couldn't take the strain of that!!) and it worked a treat!
I totally love that lens, the colours are richer, it focuses fast, it's built like a brick and it's super sharp! What more could you want??

1 comment:

  1. Love the piccies of Martha.. How are your Chickens doing?

    ReplyDelete