Thursday, August 07, 2008

It was an itsy bitsy, teeny weeny....

A couple of weeks ago (while I was wating for the chickens to arrive) I ordered one of these... it's an Egg Skelter (like a Helter Skelter.... but more egg related!) and i dreamt of the day that it would look like the one in the ebay picture below.....
Well today.... i got that little bit closer... This afternoon Valerie disappeared off into the house and after a little while came back out..... When I peeked into the nestbox I was so excited to find this small but perfectly formed egg!
I've never seen a white speckled egg before - most of the ones in the shops have brown speckles! It was quite teeny... a mere 36g, but I can confirm that it tasted as good as it looks!! I expect there will be literally millions of eggs tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Yay Katy your first fab little egg , how lovely ! Well done chicken girls . x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh congrats on your first egg! I'm sure the rest of your ladies will be producing in no time!

    ReplyDelete